Friday, July 17, 2009

Lookin' for work

I am spending a lot of time cleaning. I thought I would: the apartment hasn't really been lived in properly for months and I feel a need to purge after a trip where I discovered I need less than I thought. However, it seems to be taking a long time...probably because I am simultaneously looking for work. There is something oddly promiscuous about sending off cover letter after cover letter, telling people to "feel free" to call you. In the meanwhile, I'm spending as though I have a job. Not going wild but not assiduously counting my pennies either.
In my own strange way, it's as though I think this outlook will bring me a job faster, not because I'll accept any old position once the money's run out (valid point however), but because I am acting almost like I have one, therefore - I hope - that feverish consuming NEED for paying work, any work, will not come off me like the trail of cologne following a hopeful teenager on his first real date. Seeing as I haven't (yet) even been offered any interviews, I might be rightly accused of being a little too optimistic for once, especially considering the current financial/economical climate. As a camel, I spit in the face of such thoughts and continue to whore myself.

Yours faithfully
....

No comments:

Post a Comment